M.Sc Nursing Course
National Health Policy (NHP) 2002 emphasizes the need to prepare nurses to function in super-specialty areas who are required in tertiary care institutions, entrusting some limited public health functions to nurses after providing adequate training, and increase the ratio of degree holding versus diploma holding nurses (M.Sc in Nursing)
It is observed that there is an acute shortage of nursing faculty in undergraduate and postgraduate Nursing program in India.
The main goal of M.Sc Nursing Colleges is to train and educate the students on how to serve patients with confidence, care, and patience. As the requirement of Nurses in any healthcare sector is more because doctors need assistance in treating patients successfully. M.Sc Nursing Colleges students work in Healthcare as Nurse in-charge, Clinical Instructor, Occupational Health Nurse, Nurse Supervisor, etc.
More information on Course
National Health Policy (NHP) 2002 emphasizes the need to prepare nurses to function in super-specialty areas who are required in tertiary care institutions, entrusting some limited public health functions to nurses after providing adequate training, and increase the ratio of degree-holding versus diploma holding nurses (M.Sc in Nursing)
It is observed that there is an acute shortage of nursing faculty in undergraduate and postgraduate Nursing programme in India
- With an increase in health consciousness, the quality of health services has also improved. Well trained, specialized nurses are being recruited by health organizations all over the country. Students of nursing have job prospects in government or private hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, old age homes, orphanages, industries, military services, schools, and various other places.
SCOPE ABROAD: (M.Sc Nursing Course)
India has the largest number of nurses going abroad. The majority of nurses all over the world belong to the Indian state of Kerala. The standard of health services in western countries is very high. In those countries, students of nursing can find jobs in specialized fields like Medical, Surgical, Telemetry (CCU), ICU, ER, and several others. The pay packet for nurses is also is higher in countries abroad.
The course duration is for 2 academic years
- The candidate should be a Registered Nurse and Registered midwife or equivalent with any State Nursing Registration Council.
- The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
- The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc. Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution that is recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Minimum one year of work experience prior to or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- The candidate shall be medically fit.
- 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
Why Study Here?
Not only does Karnata College provide you the practical skills that is necessary to transition seamlessly into the workforce upon your graduation, but we also make sure that you will have a good sense of social justice so that you make the transition responsibly.
ADMISSIONS OPEN FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2021 – 22
Karnataka College Group of Institution is an exclusive user of the Common online Application. Everything you need to apply online can be found on the website